Configuring HTTPS in IMiS/wScan and Samples
This article contains instructions for running IMiS/wScan and IMiS/wScan Samples version 1.6.2010 over HTTPS.
To configure IMiS/wScan and Samples to use HTTPS do the following steps:
First run IMiS/Capture Admin application:
1. Open Settings dialog then go to Security tab
2. Check "Enable secure connection on port:" checkbox and select a port. Default port is set to 5443.
3. Under "Select certificate:" either use "Select from file system" or "Create new self-signed certificate" options to select certificate for HTTPS.
When using a self-signed certificate instead of a certificate signed by a trusted Certificate Authority (CA) for HTTPS connection some browsers may prompt users on initial access with a security warning. For Firefox browser see
Enabling HTTPS with self-signed certificate in Firefox browser.
Then open IMiS Capture Service installation folder. Default location is "c:\Program Files\Imaging Systems\IMiS Capture Service".
1. Go to "wwwroot" subfolder
1. Open options.js file in Notepad
2. Set value of the API_URL variable to use HTTPS on localhost and the port that you set up above on the IMiS/Capture Admin application's Setting dialog.
Enabling HTTPS with self-signed certificate in Firefox browser
Copyright © Imaging Systems Ltd, 2022